Professional Body Sponsor
European Association for Counselling (EAC) is the driving force for Counselling in Europe and plays a pivotal role in promoting counselling as a profession and its contribution to the mental health and well-being of all Europeans.
EAC encourages individuals to embrace change and to build fuller more rewarding lives.
EAC seeks to promote the social, emotional and mental well-being of individuals throughout Europe
The EAC Objective
The fundamental European Counselling goal is to work with partner Associations/Organisations throughout Europe to further the development of Counselling as a profession in every European Country. The executive committee invites counselling associations and counselling training organisations to open discussions to help further this project, full details of membership can be found at Membership.
EAC Mission Statement
- European Association for Counselling is the driving force for counselling in Europe, by promoting and maintaining the highest quality of professional and ethical practice, education and ongoing professional development.
- The EAC values the mutual exchange of knowledge across borders and the synergistic learning that arises from this dialogue and its contribution to the mental health and well-being of all Europeans.
- Underlying EACs mission is a core belief in the humanitarian benefits derived from counselling. Counselling plays a pivotal role in promoting human development.
- The counselling profession encourages individuals to embrace change, and to build fuller, more rewarding lives.
- Through the advancement of counselling practice, the EAC seeks to promote the social, emotional and mental well-being of individuals throughout Europe.
- As the voice, representing the many voices, for the Profession of Counselling in Europe, we strengthen our authority to remain the leading association for counselling in Europe.
- We strive to increase awareness about the role of the profession within the European Community in all healthcare, educational and industry sectors
The European Certificate of Counsellor Accreditation
The criteria set for the award of the European Certificate of Counsellor Accreditation have been agreed by the founding countries of the European Counselling Association. The levels of expertise and training required to reach the award level can be achieved by any counselling Association/Organisation in Europe.